Saturday, October 08, 2011

Go Ugly Early

Having expressed an opinion that the american middle class is being gutted by corrupt leadership AND that this is a result of ordinary americans weakness because of their addiction to stuff, I'm dropping out of the culture. I'm going ugly early.

Most americans display their position in the culture by their organizational memberships, their car and their house. The Unitarian, manager at XYZ Corporation, late model Lexus driver who lives in Oak Lake Estates in a 4000 sq ft, 4 car garage home. A bought in, paid in full american prick.

Me? No affiliation, worker at Any Corporation, old Buick driver who lives in an aging middle class suburb in a 1600 sq ft, no car garage home. A financially gutted, cynical former american asshole.

Many of my neighbors are HUD renters who rarely, poorly tend their weed patches, strew garbage throughout the weed patches and abandon their old wrecks in the drive when they conk out. All of the homes have lost half their value, which is still falling, and no one has money to fix normal wear. By degree, the neighborhood is going ghetto.

All over town it's the same, a few High Culture homes while most neighborhoods go ghetto as the ghetto moves to suburbia on the taxpayer's dime. Meanwhile the former middle class taxpayers can't afford to maintain their own home anymore. We're mostly going ugly as a country.

I keep my home and cars working and sound. But I don't make them pretty and don't care anymore. I don't have weed patches but I don't mow weekly. I don't wash and wax the cars monthly, semi-annually is enough to protect the finish. I don't participate in the community because it isn't. I do my job, mostly what I want to do but don't care about the company any more than they care about me. Which is not at all. I've dropped out of the culture.

Unlike my father, I don't believe that what I do will give my descendants a better future. What I do makes no difference at all anymore. In fact, what I think is irrelevant to the present and future. My upbringing is obsolete and I'm a dinosaur in an age of mammals, a dying breed exiting the stage.

There's nothing I can say or do to help the young coworker with the ass snake tattoo crawling out of her jeans that she shows me every day. I'm just an old overlord who "doesn't understand". And I don't. I never will understand and I don't want to. I don't care about her three multi-hued bastards, her recent bisexuality or her plans for a new skull and crossbones tattoo. She thinks that I'm old and weird because I've been married for 38 years and don't find her irresistible AND that I shower and put on clean clothes EVERY DAY!

So, I'm going ugly early. I'll do what I can for my grandsons but I'm done pretending that I'm part of this culture. In fact, fuck this culture. It can just die. I don't want to do anything to extend it. I'll keep my immediate world sound but that's it. I won't even try to "pretty it up". It is ugly, getting uglier and frankly, I don't care anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home