Monday, October 03, 2011

Cool Evening Air Thoughts

I'm slowly preparing the bruig for Winter. This evening I took advantage of the warm, dry weather to clean one set of gutters and install the Gutter Guard. That will save me from some cold, crappy work when the leaves really start coming down. All nine cubic yards of them!

Afterwards as I sat in the backyard enjoying the weather and an O'Douls I thought about the "value" of my home. In my mind it's value is high, as it is the home that I built and want to live in. Despite what the market says. And the market is only sales demand. I don't want to sell it and no one wants to buy it. So WTF! I guess it's only an issue to me if I want to borrow against it. But I don't want to borrow anything at all. So it's a moot point.

The 42 year old bruig sits on a quiet court in town with a city park in the backyard. The house is solid, well maintained with modern features. Deer, squirrels, rabbits and birds abound in the wooded space. It's as close as one gets to living in the country yet with the convenience of the city nearby. I'm lucky to have found the place. Home to three generations of people and four generations of dogs, so far.

The Jack Russell terrier hopped on my lap and sniffed the cool evening air as cicadas croaked their mating calls. Yes, I'm a lucky man to live at my bruig with my dog-friend. Let the world know the price of everything...and the value of nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home