Monday, October 03, 2011

I'm just along for the ride

Well, the DOW is pricing in bank liquidity issues as Greece totters on the edge. It seems that the EU financial wizards couldn't invoke the magic to save the day. DOW 10655? I doubt it can hold 10K and since nothing has been fixed since 2008, maybe it can't hold 6626. Rumor has it that hedge funds are in trouble and the rulers of the universe have been acting odd today. What do they know that us mere mortals don't?

I've lost 17% for the year, including  8% of last years earnings. Do I sell into the fall or sit on my diminishing equities? Oh, I'll sit. But this time might be different. Sure, IBM, GE, AT&T and so on have real value. But what the hell is it? They're all priced in dollars and what's a dollar worth with US debt at 100% GDP?

As I drove home from work today I watched a bunch of turkey buzzards circling the wealthy suburb that I drive through on my way home. The gated community homes start at $400,000 and Mexican slaves mowed the yards as far as the eye could see. I asked myself if the scavenger birds knew something that I didn't. Does america have the smell of death even at the pinnacle of society? Or are the birds just waiting for the wetbacks to drop dead? We'll see.

I'm just along for the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home