Friday, June 25, 2010

Livin in easy

The first weekend of summer here at the bruig. The boy is off with the other grandparents so grandma and I mostly have the place to ourselves. I miss the boy already, but I need the quiet and the rest. These 11 and 1/2 hour work days with 2 hours commute really wear a guy out. Not to mention trying to keep the youngsters at work from fouling the nest.

Grandma has wanted a netbook to use in her craft room for a while. I told her that the screen is a wee bit small but she wanted the lightweight innertube surfer to carry about. She likes to drink her morning coffee out back on the patio when her hummingbirds come to drink. She wants to read her email, read the paper, chat with her mom and watch her tiny, swift hummers.

I suggested she go with the Toshiba as they are tough, have a good hardware package and a decent price. She called me at work today and said she was looking at one at Best Buy, on clearance for $359. I asked her if it would be a good birthday gift for her and she giggled affirmative, so I told her to get it.

She admits that the screen is a little small but the portability makes up for it. She's happy and that's all that matters. Happy Grandmas make happy grandpas. Cell phones, Bluetooth headsets, wireless Netbooks make busy grandma's lives easier.

I'm reloading 9mm this weekend and hope to get out to the range for some target practice. Pay the bills, mend some broken stuff, mow the yard, cultivate the garden and maybe jump in the pool a few times. Livin is easy!

Ten years ago I might have had a few beers in me, been dreaming about all the stuff I was gonna do this weekend and been disappointed that I wasn't Superman. Now I set attainable goals and let the bullshit slide.
I'm getting used to being a simple man with simple plans. I think that is what God intends for us.

God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home