Monday, May 03, 2010

Gulf Recession?

Oh oh. This guy thinks the oil spill in the Gulf could trigger billions in costs and a double dip recession. I don't know, sounds far-fetched to me. But what do I know?

I will miss the beautiful white beaches of the Gulf if contaminated for a generation. Our family had some fine vacations in Panama City Beach. I'd like to take the grandsons there when they get a little older and can tolerate a long drive. We've vacationed with tar balls before. Had to rinse our feet in mineral spirits before we went indoors. It wasn't awful but it wasn't great either.

The good news is that mother nature knows how to clean up messes. A good hurricane could scatter the oil about and hasten dilution. The Gulf will recover quicker than most believe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home