Friday, December 30, 2011

Meaning will come after.

Seven years and 1001 posts. Did I change anything? Nah. The world changed all by itself. Almost unrecognizable to me any more. Mostly change for the worse... but I won't have to live in it much longer. I'll be wandering around in the White Life pestering the locals.

My brother called tonight all disturbed because he heard our dead mother call his name in his dreams several times recently. It troubles him because he's an atheist. How could her ghost pester him when there is no afterlife? It's driving him nuts.

Being a believer who has actually died and been brought back, I told him that there's more to this life than we even begin to comprehend. Sure, mom may speak to you in dreams. What does she want, what does it mean? Who knows? No reason to be troubled.

Philosopher/Emperor Marcus Aurelius said that the gods never give us more than we can bear. So true. Why be troubled over things that can never be understood while wearing this mortal coil. Look for meaning but if there is none present just hang the event on your Life Tree and wait. Meaning will come after we go Home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda P said...

"Being a believer who has actually died and been brought back..."

Really ???

9:06 PM  
Blogger lugh lampfhota said...

No pulse, out of body dead. My life flashes past and, momentarily, I regret leaving early and the pain it will cause my loved ones. But then I'm drawn, sensing a Home that's just closeby. Then movement towards answers to the thousands of whys that I always had. Slowly at first then ever faster answers come from welcoming presences, all anonymous. The sense of Home becoming continuously stronger each moment.

Suddenly, I'm back in my body and conscious. Doctors, questions but I just want to remember what just happened. The event is recorded in my memory but all the detail of answers is gone. I'm angry that I'm back but can't remember the answers.

My sense was that everything that ever lived occupied this Home that was an accumulation of knowledge.

Believer? I believe in creation, an intelligent design by a Creator with a Purpose. Something comes after this life. Is God the cumulative answers?

10:54 AM  
Blogger Linda P said...

Thank you. I will remember this.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home