Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

Thankfully 2011 comes to an end in a few hours. Truth and the middle class have both receded into the past, maybe to never be seen again. As far as anyone can see all there is but piles of debt heaped upon lies and more lies. $63T in global GDP and about $190T in global debt worth maybe 10 cents on the dollar today. All this with almost 7 billion people knocking around, looking for a job or a buck or a meal. Feeling hopeful?

Meanwhile in the last, best hope for mankind we have a government that lies every time they speak. Our leadership elite from both parties can neither utter the truth nor even pretend to care. Everyone is sneaking pieces for the their share of the shrinking pie. Obama or Romney in 2012, two sides of the same coin. You will get less.

Globalization killed the american middle class. The race to the bottom for wages and benefits couldn't do anything but kill the US middle class. It will continue killing truth, opportunity and freedom until we are all Chinese peasants. Our leadership elites like the Chinese model and will continue to drive the model. US middle class values, authority and competency no longer have any value in the global model. They must die.

For 42 years my competent but uncredentialed ass made things happen every day. I brought new technology into production, convinced city government to add a park, schools to add playground equipment or showed children how to raise rabbits. Then the company moved away, the city told me to shut up and everyone said I needed credentials to work or play. Now I watch the credentialed incompetents finish off what's left of civilization. I see it everywhere, all the time. Systematic destruction.

2012 will start where 2011 left off. More of the same. Will the company that I work for still be in business in the US? Will my new neighbors wear ankle bracelets? What will my family have to give up to keep food on the table?

The only good news is that I've turned my back on all this. I wouldn't lift a finger to keep any of it going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home