Friday, July 06, 2012

More disabled than new employees in June

The most important story of the day is that more people went on social security disability than became employed in June. Disability isn't a very good alternative compared to a job. But it's better than nothing in this central planner's disaster.

I've considered disability, not because I want it, but as a last resort. I'll never work again in this economy as I'm just too old and have too many health problems. So 84% of my current wages would just have to work if the company shuts down or I get laid off. I'd take unemployment until I could get disability.

22.5 million workers are just redundant in this economy. No employer wants or needs them ever again. I suspect this will just get worse as the years go by. Only a lucky few will thrive in the new world order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home