Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'll just keep doing what I do

I had a very busy week last week and the upcoming week will be worse. I finally have a boss although he hasn't bothered to make contact with any of his team for a week. If I were the boss I would send an email, meet with the team, something to show that I cared at all. But that's me.

The company board is mired in a battle to decide whether to proceed with Chapter 11 reorganization then take it private or allow an investor to inject cash to keep it public. Staff have been moved to support production and the company wants to hire. But we really know nothing specific so the rumors fly about the place like crazy. I'll just keep doing what I do.

The company is sort of like the country right now. Everyone knows that things can't go on like they have for the last four years. It's broke (in every way). But we struggle with a successor and a path forward. Gigantic egos, harsh words, dirty laundry and endless posturing void of clear communication. Nothing that an ordinary guy can build any kind of a future on.

Romney, Gingrich or Santorum? I think Santorum is too young. Gingrich is the bold candidate. Romney is the middle choice, almost a RINO. I suspect it will be Romney. Then hopefully it will be anyone but Obama.

Meanwhile I'll just keep doing what I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home