Sunday, January 08, 2012

Why?

My beliefs about this life have changed dramatically these past few years. As I look back I feel shamefully naive about them and ponder how could I have been so wrong for so long. Oh, I recognize that the world has changed but in hindsight, I was wrong.

As a younger man I thought that we were all born with equal opportunities and that mostly one could expect to be treated fairly by your fellow humans. I thought that if you behaved yourself and tried, making the most of your natural born opportunities, that most others would help you become all that you could be. This behavior, of course, would help humanity be all it could be. I was a fool!

As an old man I know that we live in a jungle, more savage than any in the animal kingdom. Inequality begins in the womb and fairness is but a word. Behaving and trying will only help if you're tall enough, pretty enough or jam your head up someone's ass at the right moment. All humans covet power and that is what life is all about. Everything people do is about gaining power over you or power for themselves by their actions. There are no selfless acts based upon kindness or fairness in the human world.

I've been a part of so many instances where I thought someone was giving me good advice or actually helping me then found that they were trying to benefit only themselves. Many were inflating their own ego or sense of worth, most were trying to build a kingdom of power. All were eventually destroyed as more powerful people crushed their doings and dreams.

I never shoved my head in anyone's ass as I considered it undignified and thought it destructive behavior. I could never respect anyone who kissed my ass so how could anyone else. It always seemed to end badly for ass kissers.

So as we stumble through this life as children, young adults, adults and eventually old folks, we're living lies based upon lies. If you don't end up a picked over, festering corpse sooner rather than eventually, it's only because you didn't attract attention to yourself. Most of humanity are livestock used to harvest our offspring, milk, fur and eventually our meat by more powerful members of our species.

I spent most of my life mostly behaving, trying to be fair and doing the right things. I stood up for principles and values every time. What did it get me? Nothing except blank stares and giggles from those who apparently understood the game far better than I.

Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home