Friday, September 30, 2011

The World is Dead to Me

Geography of Pain covers the devastation of the present Depression in america. Meanwhile bankers say it may well be 2020 until housing prices recover. The DOW ended the quarter down 12% and may well lose value for 2011. My financial adviser advised me not to worry about capital gains this year! My retirement portfolio is fucked again with only five miserable years left to work (with no raises and inflation out the ass).

So on my third anniversary of starting my personal Depression things are really no better than they where were on September 30, 2008. Except that I had hope that things would get better. Now I just hope that things won't get worse.

Three years ago I felt bonded in crisis with most of my fellow americans and felt sorry for many of them. Now I can't stand most of the jerks in this country and wouldn't care if they came to some harm. Nobody gives a rat's ass about anyone else anymore no matter what they say. Oh I'm still polite with most people but inside, I'd rather tell them "fuck you" than "good morning".

My folks went through the Great Depression that only ended with the start of WW2. I heard the stories of desperation and kindness and sacrifice. This time is different. If this country were attacked and went to war there's no sacrifice that I'd be prepared to make for the jerks that are my countrymen. Shit all over me once, shame on you. Shit all over me again, fuck you, I'm John Galt. The world is dead to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home