Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Journey Not the Destination

Garden tilled, radishes, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers and asparagus all planted before the rain came Saturday. The dirt tilled well despite the soggy Spring. Most farmers haven't plowed fields yet. I'm lucky.

Our 25 year old asparagus patch finally wore out this year. No sprouts at all. Sad. But new plants are in the ground! We'll be eating a few next year and more in two years.

This week is forecast to be wet and cold. Low temperatures in the upper 30s. Onions, cauliflower and green beans will have to wait a week or so to get in the ground. But I have a good start.

I was happy to see Grandma out planting her flowers and enjoying some time in the dirt this year. She even planted some tomatoes this year. First time in a while.

I'm handling the garden work pretty well for an old guy. Not too tired or sore. My clogs didn't slow me down at all. I just take my time and enjoy the tasks. It's all about the working in the dirt anyway, the journey not the destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home