Friday, April 22, 2011

What I am

I've been thinking about what I am this week. What am I? I can't identify with America anymore, the construct of America that I grew up with is gone. I don't recognize the values or culture of this country and it's people anymore. Nor do I accept them. I no longer refer to myself as an american.

There was a time when I identified myself with a company and a title. But that was long ago. Companies no longer want anything more than a daily spot purchase of labor. Labor is a commodity. There is no bond whatsoever. Engineer? Means nothing anymore. Words are meaningless in american culture.

Husband, father? More meaningless words in modern america. Both words make me an enemy of the state and a matriarchal sexist who belongs in prison for the rest of my life. The US is now an African village where random mating occurs and children are raised by the state/village. Husbands and fathers are redundant these days.

So what am I? Well, after pondering this matter during my 10 hours of commuting this week, I've arrived at a conclusion. I'm simply an old, white man who believes in God.

I'm both physically old and I believe in the old ways of my ancestors.

I'm white because I come from the purest Caucasian genetic lines and I embrace historical white culture.

I'm a man because I'm exclusively heterosexual and I exclusively embrace masculine mannerisms. I have no feminine side and don't understand women at all...ever. But I like them a lot, mostly. Well in certain ways.

I believe that I was created by Yahweh and I follow His Ten Commandments. I'm not to sure about the psychobabble after that. Being an ever-cynic makes it difficult for me to trust prophets and priests. So the cultural constructs of formal religions are difficult for me to embrace. Essentially, when a man starts asking me for food or money or bowing before a man, I'm outta here.

So, I'm an old, white man who believes in God. That's all. Nothing more or less, ever.

And if you read all of this this evening, you are approximately 4 in 6,913,911,736 people. You are special!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home