Thursday, December 02, 2010

Supercell


The House passed a version of the Bush tax cuts that clobbers anyone making more than $200,000 per year. Now the Senate must act. Fundamentally I'm against big government, which includes big taxes. And I don't like the idea of class warfare.
But with the nation mired in depression and half the country's wealth accumulated in the hands of less than 1% of the population this extension of the Bush tax cuts will work for me. Will it hurt small business? Yes. I would prefer the income cutoff to be higher. Small business used to account for most employment. In this depression who the hell knows anymore.

This extension works for me as a lower, maybe lowest, middle class income earner barely hanging on.

I can't worry about some guy making $200,000 per year. He's on his own. And those making a million or more per year? They keep saying we ought to pay higher taxes, so let them pay. And the oligarchs? They own the government, let them pay for it all.

_____________________________________________________

I still don't know what health insurance payroll deductions will be in 2011. WaPo reports the the national average increase is 41%. That means I'll pay $488 per month in 2011. Three years ago I paid $132 per month at a former employer using the same Wellpoint plan. That's a 370% increase. If health care costs rose 20% per year, how can Wellpoint justify this blatant price gouging? Fucking medical mafia.

The common man is getting hit by a supercell. We'll be lucky to survive another year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home