Saturday, December 11, 2010

Medical Mafia Extortion Payments Otherwise Known as Options 2011


The company that I work for handed out our 2011 medical options package yesterday. Rates went up 5% but the individual and family deductions doubled. The wife and I will have to incur $1000 in expenses before the plan kicks in. Effectively we're self-paid unless something bad happens. The biggest benefit will come from insurer negotiated prices for medical services.

So I pay $4000 to mitigate the risk of medical disaster that by the grace of God never comes. Just a ghost really. I could buy a car, make payments on a new car or take my family on a damn fine vacation. But I'll buy protection from a ghost that I'll thankfully never see instead. And I'll still pay out a couple thousand dollars for real medical care and prescriptions.

Medical mafia extortion payments otherwise known as Options 2011. They make you a deal that you can't refuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home