Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Wheel in the Sky Keeps on Turning

Tomorrow we say goodbye to my former boss who's off on a new adventure, back in the northeast. The lad hired me and taught me the battery business. He gave me full responsibility and authority to do my thing. I hope he learned a few things from me as well. I wish him well in his new job. Maybe our paths will cross again, maybe not. You never know in this life.

I was thinking this morning on the way to work about all the people that come into your life and then leave. Some are dead, some are living, even the awful are missed in some ways. Time rehabilitates even the worst relationships, mostly.

How many people have I known in the past 60 years? I can't even guess. I've found that all relationships are a function of shared interests; love, work, hobbies and vices. When the shared interest vanishes, the relationship vanishes too. People are fickle, they will come and go from your life on a whim.

The Wheel in the Sky Keeps on Turning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home