Sunday, June 13, 2010

Life

I must be old enough now that I understand that everything is being destroyed by nature to recreate new things. It doesn't matter what the thing is; a tree, a driveway, a river, a house, a polar bear, a mountain, a fortress, a rock, a human being, a planet. Everything is being destroyed by the forces of nature. The only thing that suvives is the atoms that make up everything.

I see my body bracing against a galactic wind whose plasma and charged particles are bombarding my body relentlessly, trying to convert me back to my constituent atoms. For a very short while, my spirit holds my body together against the omnipotent forces of nature until my spirit can no longer endure. Then the energy which is my spirit returns to God as my body is rendered back to nature for recycling.

I used to try to enforce my puny order on nature's powerful entropy. Now I only attempt to mitigate nature where it is necessary. Nature will always win. The grass will grow, fences will rust, driveways will crumble and plastic will grow brittle and crack. A seed will always find a crack, sprout and grow into a tree just where you don't want a tree. Why spend all your time fretting about nature's deeds and waging a losing war to force your order on nature.

I actually pity those who must have the big, fancy house and car in the upscale neighborhood where everything must be just so. They have to spend so much time and money fighting nature only to lose in the end. I think it's silly to live your life for the conspicuous display of wealth that is post-moden civilization. So soon the owners of those fancy houses and cars lose their life force, their life and that which they fought vainly to display.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home