Saturday, October 31, 2009

Samhain 2009



Samhain 2009 has arrived and the weather at the bruig mirrors the the state of the world, cold and gloomy. The bright colors of the remaining leaves cannot relieve the overbearing sense of foreboding and doom of the coming death of the world.

Hope and change have turned to lies and destruction. This Congress and administration have picked over the bones of the murdered US economy and put us on the path to financial ruin. Who believes that the US economy can generate the trillions of dollars to pay for current and proposed legislation without destroying the middle class? We are led by liars and blemished demons unfit to tend a herd of swine.

Our Congress and this regime hide behind closed doors, unwilling to show their work. Are they afraid or just so arrogant that they don't believe that they must share their work with their subjects? They make a mockery of our Constitution and law as they impose tyranny on the people. Only time separates this regime and Congress from King George and King Louis.

My family is lucky! I found contract work without benefits at 2/3 what I was making before the government/business ponzi scheme collapsed last year. We are surviving but not making any purchases other than necessities. We will not be participating in the consumer economy that is the engine that drives the US economy. We consumed a big chunk of our savings surviving 10 months of unemployment and lost another large chunk of savings when the stock market went balls up. I don't see much chance of replenishing the losses in this environment where the fruits of my labor must be taken and doled out to the worthy victim classes.

We have fallen from the upper middle class to the lower middle class. When the tax bills start coming for ARRA, health care reform and carbon cap and trade, as well as the passed through business taxes, we will be pushed out of the middle class completely. So much for 40 years of working towards the American dream.

This Samhain I'm mourning the loss of trust in man, and leaders in particular. I will not follow leadership any more, nor will I believe a word that falls from their ever-lying mouths. Their words are poison that has ruined 40 years of my work and my family's future. They deserve a pitchfork and torch treatment from an angry mob. Nothing else would do.

But....

This Samhuin I'm celebrating a new found trust In God. I asked God to help me endure the troubles of this past year and find a way forward to provide for my family. He has comforted me through the storm and He has delivered work to provide for my family. I thank God for my blessings.

So....let the great cat come to the exit of the cave to ravage the world tonight. Let the spirits of the dead mingle with the living. Let the old year die and the birth pangs of the new year begin. Let man fall as I stand with God and may God stand with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home