Saturday, July 18, 2009

Civilizational Reset

I've found work in the most miserable economy in my lifetime! Not just a job but a better job at a cleantech company that is poised to grow significantly during my final decade of full time work. I am blessed!

The bruig is located in the middle of the rust belt, in a city that has been directly involved in the development of the auto industry. At one time there were more than 17000 people working in the local auto industry. That number has dwindled to less than 5000 with more cuts to come. One employer probably won't survive the turmoil leaving local auto industry employment at less than 3000.

Last December Forbes listed my community as the third fastest dying city in America due to the dependence on manufacturing. Like many of the youth of the city, I had to look afar to find work. I'll be commuting 55 miles away to earn a living.

I've stood at the edge of the abyss for the past 9 months, staring at financial ruin for the second time of my life. In both instances, my own government caused the crisis with bone-headed attempts at social engineering. Needless to say, I hold our government in utter contempt.

I have always wondered what it felt like to live in the final decades of the Roman empire before it's collapse and western Europe's descent into the Dark Ages. It appears that I'll get to live it. Like Rome, America has lost it's will to survive. Pragmatic barbarians are picking over the carcass as feudal lords plunder wealth to finance their fiefdoms.

The civilizational reset will beget feudal lords with little value for health care, carbon cap and trade, diversity or any of the silly initiatives that modern Americans seem to find so important. Power will confer rights, just as it always has.

I would prefer to kneel and swear allegiance to a Caucasian king than be ruled by
the multicultural mongrels who neither know who they are or whence they came and are hell bent on destroying the culture that created America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home