Thursday, June 11, 2009

Three post in one Day! Why?

I've been looking for work since October. I had a job offer and should have started in January but the company that wanted to hire me had their principle customer go balls up. Now they're waiting for a government handout. So...so am I. Well, actually another government bailout, because I've been drawing unemployment for nine months while I look for work that doesn't exist here in middle America (once the center of manufacturing of the world, now a rusting superfund site)! So I'm just waitin for the President/CEO/messiah to extend his golden hands and hand over some of that freshly printed money to a company so a job can be created just for little, ole me! Sorry, my thighs were tingling just imagining ....

Oh, and by the way, my former employer(s) terminated both pension and medical benefits. So if I ever get to work and then am able to retire, then I'll get dimes on the dollar (also tax payer subsidized). So, after 37 years experience as a skilled semiconductor professional, I'm sitting at home on the public dole wondering if I'll ever work again. Once a month I "checkin" with bureaucrats who hector me to go to school to "update my skills". Odd, since the few potential employers that respond to my submissions say I'm overqualified (code for too old). But you never know, I could go to school to become a green-bio-molecular-gynecologist before I'm 70! I could specialize in wind turbine breast augmentation and treat green yeast infections in boomer wetted spaces using vaginal stem cell replacement technologies that they're teachin down at the community college.

Well, ya old fart, move to Califorie, that's the land of opportunity you say? In my depressed auto community houses aren't selling for half their assessed value. I guess I could toss a lifetime of equity in the trash can to add to all the other abandoned potential meth labs in town. But that doesn't seem right. Somehow. On several levels. Then I could move to Californie to stand in the unemployment line with half the population of Mexico as the bear state sinks beneath the waves of utter bankruptcy.

Bitter? Nooooooo! My blog posts are widely read for my sober analysis and darnit, people just love me. Why, Sitemeter says I get as many as one 00:00 second visit/hits per week. So I thought I'd share my feelings on this rainy Thursday. If you are an employer, I'd do a damn fine job for you and keep my bitterness to myself at work. Seriously, I would never mention Mexican migrants or green-bio-yeast infections at work. I promise.

Pssst...if you are reading this, you need to get out more. Um, get a life, bathe, whatever.

PS...can you believe that this drivel will be stored on magnetic media for a millenia? Who exactly cares what I'm thinking or feeling? Echo...................

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda P said...

I dunno, I like your posts. You left a comment once on Belmont Club or something and I put you in my "Favorites." I check in every few weeks or so but, honestly, I was just about to give up on you. I enjoy your angst.

Best,
Linda P.
Bronx, NY

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home