Saturday, September 22, 2012

Equinox Musings 2012

The autumnal equinox arrives at the Bruig today, signaling the coming end of the natural world on Samhuin. All of the natural business of the northern hemisphere must be concluded over the next 39 days. If the Mayan calendar offers any truth, this may be the last full season of the age as some change is predicted on the Winter Solstice.

Fog and gloom, chilly rain and blustery winds greet us today. Tonight we'll see frost and an unusually low temperature of 36F. The garden is almost done, seared by summer heat now stunned by the sudden chill. I'll let it go in peace. It has suffered enough. I'll reload ammunition for whatever comes in the change and maybe have a fire to warm our souls this evening.

The virtual Bruig celebrates an anniversary today. I first blogged eight years ago today. It was a different world then but now has become a horror of an utterly failed economy, cesspool society, a police state ruled by marxist tyrants and incompetent MBA leadership.

During the last eight years, I've shared 1200 posts, some good, most mediocre and a few just mumblings. But I've shared the musings of a common aging man of the world that I lived in as best as I can.The blog has been viewed 34,600 times by diverse knowledge seekers, many looking for photos, some needing valuable information, others seeking cynical humor and those who just want to be aroused by bananas and Sarah's ass. But it's all for me really. I learned much over these last eight years. I can only hope that some of you have enjoyed coming to the Bruig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home