Monday, June 20, 2011

Blemished Leader, Blemished Land

As I rocketed south in the Buick this morning the sky was ablaze with lightning over my destination. The further south I got the sky turned a storm green, portending heavy weather. As I turned off the highway to avoid construction, the sun was rising in the east and the western sky was an ominous deep blue even as I was bathed in an eerie green glow in the countryside. I drove south to the city with cloud to earth lightning strikes all around me finally giving way to a 30 minute deluge of biblical proportions. I've never seen so much rain in so little time, turning roads into rivers and ponds into lakes. Turtles were playing in the parking lot at work as I docked near the building.

I've never seen weather like we've had this Spring. Hot, cold, wet and unpredictable. Tornadoes, floods, crop damage. It seems that God is displeased with us and is inflicting His wrath on the land. In ancient Eire, a leader could not be enthroned unless he was free of blemishes, otherwise the land was under curse. Are america's blemished leaders bringing ruin upon the land? It seems so.

Tomorrow the Solstice brings the longest day of the year to us. The NWS is forecasting 90 degrees and a 50% chance of storms, some severe. Hopefully it won't be the longest and worst day of the year for us mortals living in a blemished land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home