Thursday, May 26, 2011

God have mercy on the children

It's not healthy to work for a bankrupt company that's winding down operations, moving work overseas and downsizing. It will make you sick even before you lose your job. So I was pretty happy to go to work for a CleanTech company that was growing, partnering with international heavyweights and had government support. Now they're in trouble and it feels like 2008 all over again. And I feel sick again.

My fellow workers are putting feelers out in the marketplace. Some have already got interviews scheduled. I'm happy for them and hope it works out for these young fellas. But I'm finding that there isn't any interest in guys over 60 like myself. A couple of companies initially showed interest until they looked over my resume, which suggests my age. Others are finding the same age discrimination in the marketplace.

All this talk about people working later in their life is bullshit. Few want 60 year old veterans with experience in the workplace. Who could possibly want 70 year olds?

I'm going to ride this company into the dirt then hopefully just retire. This Depression and the humiliation of asking for work in this youth-centric society is just too much to handle. 21st century american society is built upon lies. God have mercy on the children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home