Monday, May 16, 2011

100W Incandescent Bulbs Banned January 1st


Better stock up on 100W incandescent bulbs as the US Politburo has banned them come January 1st. You can buy a 100W LED bulb for $100 (that is, if you kulaks really need light). So...one inflated US dollar per one LED watt?

I use 8 150W bulbs in my shop, usually not all at once, but occasionally, yes. I need lots of light so my old eyes can see what I'm doing. LEDs would cost ....  $1200 compared to the $32 that I spend today. That's a 3750% increase! Do these millionaire government idiots actually think that we're going to save 3750% on electricity using non-incandescent bulbs? The government has basically told me that they don't care if I can see to fix things.

$1200 for 150W bulbs? That's more than I've spent in the 34 years that I've been working in my shop.

I've tried the fluorescent and compact fluorescent bulbs. Beside the sickly color, they just don't pump out enough lumens to see stuff. I have been experimenting with LED lamps but haven't had particularly good luck. Of the four under counter units that I installed a couple years ago, two died in a year. A lamp that I fitted with a 60W LED puck barely puts out enough light to even read. Nothing beats incandescent!

I could buy night vision goggles for less than one year's worth of LED bulbs. Maybe I could keep from falling in my old age.

In January 2014 all incandescent bulbs will be banned. What the hell are people going to do? Live like Dark Age peasants with one light in their house? Move it around like a goddamned candlestick? Budget to buy one fucking light bulb?

Now I'm going to have to purchase and store a bunch of light bulbs so I can function. All because of a bunch of goddamned unicorn loving, carbon life form hating DemoMarxists.This government is all about making americans miserable, whether ruining their economy, groping them at airports or making them sit in the dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home