Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 10 Musings

The federal government borrowed $54B last week! If they borrow at that rate for a year then the annual deficit will be $2.81T. And we're told the budget deal worked out Friday sets the debt limit at $1.05T? Um, right.

__________________________________________________
Here at the bruig, we'll get our 2011 property tax bill this week. GM reduced their equipment value from $175M to $7M, reducing their tax bill from $4.9M to $233,000! City and county property owners get to pick up the difference.

I would like to personally thank GM owners, who are the US government, the UAW and the new stockholders, and Delphi owners who have lied on their tax self-assessment to fuck the residents of the city and county. The scrap value of the equipment is greater than $7M,the copper alone is worth more than that. So GM and it's owners are a pack of goddamned liars that belong in prison for a decade.

In the end, GM value here in Bruig County will be zero, so in some sick way, this will help the city and county reduce spending to meet the coming reality. The GM plant will be closed soon, ending a 75 year relationship between GM and the city.
_____________________________________________________
Reuters thinks a war is brewing in the US between baby boomers and youth. As the american pie shrinks there will be winners and losers. Youth will lose, not because their parents and grandparents wish it to be so, but because the leadership have decided it will be so. My grandsons will likely be peons in the Mexico that america will become.
_____________________________________________________
I'll pay my tax bill this week but it won't be much for the government. Oh, it's a lot for me. But since the leadership of this country have decided I'm not worth much, my tax bill has declined 61%. Yep, when you leave the middle class you don't pay much at all. And I'll be paying in deflated Chairsatan Bernanke dollars that are worth 14% less than last April.
______________________________________________________
Consumer economy? All I buy is food and gasoline. I don't buy even one goddamned thing else. No clothes, no electronics, no cute little things for the yard, nothing. I don't use credit. I don't even look at ads. I'm poor but responsible. I wear my old, unfashionable clothes, sit in my old, well-worn furniture and throw out my broken yard cuties. My shack is solid but unpretty. I don't care anymore.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home