Saturday, March 19, 2011

It don't mean nothing

The last few years I've tried to maintain my belief that the US was a special nation in the world despite evidence to the contrary. Now that I've been reduced to a less than middle class lifestyle and reviled by my government as a less than equal subject, I've lost all belief in america.

Two of my daughters went to college but are working retail jobs that pay slightly above minimum wage. One can never repay her college loans. The other received grants but still owes more than she can ever repay. A third is going to college for free because of her poverty but will never earn middle class wages. Many friends and acquaintances describe similar cases with their children.

America used to be a land of opportunity but that is gone. I ran numerous successful manufacturing processes for two different multinational corporations during my 30 year career but never, ever had a chance of realizing either the pay or advancement that my work should have earned. Some outsider always got the deal.

Now I'm working at my educational and experience level but being paid a full level lower. In this economy, businesses are taking full advantage of the surplus labor, paying 66% of BLS rates. And the HR bitch smiles across the table and says you should be grateful for the opportunity.


The government says we all need more education to make us and the economy better. Then why are my daughters working retail for minimum wage? If us old guys are so uneducated, why am I the installer of new technology equipment and manufacturing engineering IT support? Shouldn't the young recent college graduates be doing that work? Someone is lying.

I was a community association president, PTA volunteer, 4H volunteer and community volunteer for 20 years. I can't get a city official, party leader or school board member to even listen to me for 5 minutes. But they'll tell me how it's going to be whether I like it or not. Republic or tyranny?

I see the same situation everywhere I look. It doesn't pay to work hard, look out for the company, help the community or even care at all in 21st century america. Just eat the shit pie and pay up.

I was talking with an older engineer that I work with Friday. We're making the same salary, have the same responsibilities, have the same lifetime career track and basically have the same outlooks. It's just a job anymore, not a career. Watching the young engineers work 12 hour days, bust their ass and act like they have a career is sad. They will build processes that will eventually get moved overseas and they won't see a dime for their work. Down the road, they'll be set on the curb like a sack of garbage just like me, with even less to show for it. No pension, no medical, no social security and no watch.

The soldiers returning from Vietnam used to say "It don't mean nothing"! Well, that applies to everything about america anymore. I can't stand the sight of an american flag these days. It makes me nauseous. The only respect I have for the flag is as a historical symbol of what was and the people that made it something honorable. Now it is a symbol of lies, theft and dishonor.

There is no difference between the US and Libya, except Qaddafi uses bullets to destroy his people, the american elites use lies to do their dirty work. My dad used to say that the real USMC motto was "I got mine, how you doing"? Well, that's america's motto in the 21st century.

The elites are going to have an ever harder time keeping this ponzi scheme running as millions of us guys treat everything we do as "just a job". Atlas is shrugging. And as the country gets poorer and poorer, democrats are going to take the elite's wealth in taxes. I don't care anymore, take it all. It don't mean nothing to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home