Saturday, March 05, 2011

Dinosaur Musings

I'm a dinosaur and the asteroid is on my event horizon. My extinction is a known fact. All I want to do is pass on what I have learned to the mammals that will carry on after I'm gone. But they won't listen. And they crap all over my lunch or just tear it up for amusement. I can't even enjoy my coming end with some sense of normalcy.

I've witnessed this my entire life. Guys leaving the workforce, just wanting to pass on what they've learned, but just shown the door. Time to go. But, can I teach someone? No, that's not necessary. We're going a different direction after you go. Are you saying my entire life's work, all that I learned has no value? Not really, everything has changed.

So we go home and stew in that bitter juice until we get sick and die. Silently because nobody wants to hear about the "good old days". Fucking stupid, primitive old asshole.

I've experienced two job losses where I've just been told to go and I'm working on a third. No one wants to know what I've learned in 42 years of working or living. It's ancient history. Cave men stuff really. No modern, college critical thinking skills or progressive thought. Retro, KKK cave man stuff. Just die Hitler, we'll run everything using tweet and text messages.

They say blogging is dead. I believe it because most blogs are read as much as mine, which lately is not at all. Probably too much bad news which comes across as angst, cynicism, etc. But I just stumble through the days, teaching and blogging and being the cynical old dinosaur that I've become. And make smart ass comments to the poor mammals that will inherit this burnt up planet.

They'll be fucking their fat half sisters and eating their children soon. Without the centuries of accumulated learning passed down by us dinosaurs, who could've thunk they could make mistakes. Nobody tweeted it! After all, africans, arabs and native americans could've created great civilizations if white Hitler cave men hadn't been mean to them. Mixing ball bouncing gangsta blood, beheading woman enslaving blood and heart plucking blood with our blood is a great idea! Who needs a family when you have a tribe...or gang?

But I'm just an observer now, not a teacher. I'll pass my learnings on as I rocket into infinity. I'll take one last look back at my dinosaur carcass, consider those I've left behind then move on to my ever-life in Gwynvyd. Experience reveals that Gwynvyd wants to know what I learned. I tried to do my duty. But the mammals weren't interested. Well....good luck. Now, quit crapping on that leaf. I'm hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home