Saturday, December 18, 2010

Beautiful Hedy Lamarr


Hedy Lamarr is just a gorgeous woman. I remember watching her in movies as a child when she would stop me dead in my tracks to just stare at her stunning beauty on television. That face, the eyes and lips, and that little overbite!



The Jewish girl from Vienna was smart too, she co-invented the concept of spread spectrum frequencies that is used for modern wireless technology. She could be naughty too, she shoplifted a couple of times. God only knows why, she had money.

Hedy exuded class, no matter the role. There was an elegance to her that  modern actress/whores never achieve. Any guy would want to offer this lady his arm, defend her honor or protect her from a hostile world. Like Hedy Lamarr, those days are ancient history.

She can still stop me dead in my tracks, and I just stare in awe. They just don't make em like that anymore. The most 'beautiful woman in films" indeed.

Maybe, in the end, she just reminded me of my beautiful mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home