Friday, August 13, 2010

The Coming Storm

Most of what I'm writing about these days is economic, which is strange in itself as I find that sort of thing boring. Money is but a tool to me, not an end in itself. But geopolitics has taken a back seat to the economic problems in this country so that's what I'm focusing on these days. Many people think a change in the makeup of the House this Fall will start to fix our troubles. I'm doubtful. The economy is such a wreck and our society is a disaster. The election won't fix either of these problems as Republicans are mostly democrat-lite.

Terrorists, Iran, illegal immigrants, oil spills, etc are all just noise when compared to the economic peril we are facing. I think our weak financial situation is causing some problems with thew aforementioned issues but when our economy goes balls up, nothing else will much matter.

The root problem, as I see it, is our fucked up society. We have abandoned God's laws. Even if you are non-religious, we have abandoned 150,000 years of human tradition by trying to reinvent human nature. In any event, there will be suffering.

I can't change what's coming and will suffer too. All I can do is watch for the coming storm then deal with it as I may.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home