Friday, October 26, 2012

One Trillion in Welfare

Great news! The 16,807,795 american households living under the poverty line received, on average, $61,194 in federal benefits. Gee, that's nice. It's good that we support the poor in this country, especially in the midst of the iDepression.

But if you take the $22,350 poverty level wages and add the $61,194 in federal benefits, you end up with an income of $83,554. That's about 25% more than I make in a year. So, why do I bother to go to work?

"A congressional report from CRS recently revealed that the United States now spends more on means-tested welfare than any other item in the federal budget—including Social Security, Medicare, or national defense. Including state contributions to the roughly 80 federal poverty programs, the total amount spent in 2011 was approximately $1 trillion. Federal spending alone on these programs was up 32 percent since 2008."

So, I earn 75% of what the beneficiaries of these government programs get and I pay taxes to support it. Apparently these folks are far more deserving than my family. Well as Marx said, "from each according to their abilities, to each according to their needs". My ability to earn a little more must mean I can give those who need more...much more.

I'm sick of living in this Marxist shithole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home