Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Breakthroughs

I finally ditched the worst boss that I've ever had. Me and my guys have merged into the maintenance group. We'll continue to provide calibration services and maintenance while working for a great guy. Not the self-serving prick that we've been working for these past three months.

I've also managed a major breakthrough using safety audits to get safe practices back in place in a critical test area. The handover of a test lab caused a complete breakdown of authority and safety protocols. Thanks to a thoughtful VP and an explosion at a competitor I was able to re-establish protocols that will keep people and equipment safe.

After months of immersion in a crappy environment, with a crappy boss, it's good to find a couple of good guys doing the right thing. Maybe it will improve my mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home