Saturday, December 03, 2011

One Day at a Time

It was a pretty crappy week for Lugh. First snow storm of the season, cousin died, daughter's unwelcome, messy divorce, equipment calibration at a remote site with surly managers, boss quit the company and I don't know who I report to, company in reorganization, not looking good while the government pulls out equipment. Morose mood for the week. I have no idea what's going to happen in the future at my work or my life.

The Fed signed up to fund the EU as predicted. The DOW went to the moon on the news, the dollar moved down and oil went up after Iranian Basij looted the UK embassy. The US funding is just kicking the EU zone breakup down the road. It solved nothing. Islamists won the election in Egypt (as they will in every MENA shithole). The US handed over Camp Victory to the Iraqis as they flee the country. Ten years, countless lives and trillions of wasted dollars later. The same in Afghanistan next year. It was all for nothing.

The US economy is as dead as it was before despite the positive spin. Unemployment dropped because even more people dropped out of the workforce. 120,000 jobs created, 400,000 jobs lost and 300,000 people dropped out of the workforce. The government reported an 8.6% unemployment rate but we all know U6 is still over 20%. But those still working splurged on Black Friday. Reality on hold for Jesus birthday I suppose.

Gingrich came alive in the GOP race. He would be my choice in the dog show. But he's a big government, crony capitalist elitist like the rest. Nothing will really change. As President he would only slow down the tendency for a while. Still a welcome change from the piece of shit occupying the WH today.

I'm just going through the motions these days, like so many in my age cohort. No one listens to us. I feel like I'm gliding down to earth after soaring high in the air knowing that I never considered the landing. I only wanted to soar high. But now I know that the ground is very hard and I surely won't survive the landing. As I get closer to the ground I only wonder what the landing will feel like. Hopefully it will be quick and God will be generous.

It's all one day at a time now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home